The Monday Listicles for this week: Anything that has to do with school. All I can remember are pencils, books, teacher’s dirty looks. Those were the days. If schools were made to prepare us for the real world, why don’t we still use half this stuff?
10 School Supplies I Wish I Could Take to Work
Keep in mind if I forget to specify, any/all of these items would be in neon colors and/or featuring artwork of Transformers, Pac Man or New Wave/rock bands.
1. Lunchbox. I actually have several useable ones now, but what I would do for my old Pac Man or Dukes of Hazzard one. Metal, not plastic, to dissuade SOME bullies.
2. Lunch…in that box…already made for me. Sure I am self-sufficient, but Moms make it best, right? Yes that was a nod and plug to all you mom bloggers. Your efforts are appreciated, even if you did forget to cut the crusts off. Again.
3. Crayons. 24 pack would suffice, a 64 pack had the built-in sharpener.
4. Trapper Keeper. Sealed with Velcro, you know the contents are safe.
5. Jar of paste. For snackin! KIDDING! Mom snuck cookies in that lunch.
6. ‘Manual’ pencil sharpener. I liked making those little ‘roses’ from turning the pencil juuuust right. Crayons should not be used in these.
7. Erasers. When shaped as cartoons/toys, they doubled as something to entertain while the teacher wasn’t looking.
8. Tennis/blue/pink bouncy ball. Normally used for recess, I wouldn’t mind a round of “off the wall” during lunch.
9. A joke book. Yes I had many joke books, and they made their way to my bookbag. I think I was independently studying to be a comedian. Jokes these days aren’t just plain funny, they are just sexual or meant to offend (I am not condemning that one bit, in my teenage years I ‘graduated’ to Truly Tasteless Jokes), but let’s give a nod to the ‘clean’ pun once in a while.
10. A watch calculator*. The first Smart device.
*Yes Ms. WWM, you are forever linked to these by me.