Trifextra 41: What’s Happenin’

Andy Rooney created something called “The 50-50-90 rule: anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.” We want you to give us your own probability equation. Use whichever numbers suit you, and make it about whatever you like, but give us something to think about. In 33 words, of course.

Sounds like Andy Rooney hung out with Yogi “90% of this game is half mental” Berra, who also inspires me once in a while.

_______________

We spend 99% of our time waiting for something to happen. During that 1% of time something happens, 1% is ‘it’ happening. The other 99% is us wondering what the hell just happened.

_______________

Advertisements

21 Comments

Filed under Humor, Life, Quotes, Trifextra, Trifextra Writing Challenge, Writing, Writing Challenges

21 responses to “Trifextra 41: What’s Happenin’

  1. I needed to read this over. 99% of the times I was reading it I was saying to myself “Hunh?” then 1% of the times I read it I said to myself “Hunh!”

  2. Draug419

    Had to read it twice, and then I got it. And then I laughed and nodded in agreement. 😀

  3. What if nothing happened during that 1% of the time? Does that mean we have wasted 99% of our time? Or 100% of our time?

  4. Very True! 😀 (unfortunately!)

  5. Ain’t this the truth. Most of my time is spent worrying or confused.

  6. E

    had to read that twice. clever indeed.

  7. Perfect. One hundred percent.

  8. Hahaha! And also “did I miss it?”

  9. What did I just read? I missed it. There goes 1%.

  10. I got it immediately, because that’s how my mind works! Loved it, Brain TomTom. Peace, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/11/10/formula-for-a-lasting-marriage/

  11. Wise words! Personally, I spend the 99% of time up front worrying about a 1% doomsday scenario that never actually happens!

  12. Good point! I definitely need to focus on the 1%.

  13. Lance

    For me, in my crazy head, and mixed up thinking process, it’s 100 percent. Good job.

  14. Great job! So very true!

  15. Here’s the 30-1 rule that I live by religiously. Put off whatever you can until the 30th of the month, and then madly scramble to finish up the rest on the 1st. Yea!

  16. Ha — there’s a lot of truth in that.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s